Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. - Theodore Isaac Rubin

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Vegetarian?


Oh man, I have used my spare time today researching things like animal cruelty,vegetarians, and vegans. I am honestly considering becoming a vegetarian. I don't know if I can do it though. I don't eat a whole lot of meat right now but it does seem like an essential part of a diet. I have seen a few vegans that look very sickly. Anyone who has become a vegetarian, please share your experience with me. I know I couldn't be vegan; I need cheese. Is it difficult to find good vegetarian things, especially when you eat out? Are the meat substitutes seriously any good? Are these things expensive? I am going to slowly try to take meat out of my diet; hopefully I can find it easy to stick to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Some interesting facts:
One vegetarian saves more than 100 animals a year! (for those of you who think one person doesn't make a difference)
One person's meat-based diet is responsible for more greenhouse-gas emissions than driving an SUV.