Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. - Theodore Isaac Rubin

Friday, November 30, 2007

Taking the Bad with the Good :)


Isn't it strange that everything can be going wrong; you can have an awful day or week, then one moment just reminds you that everything is okay? Enjoying simple moments in life and letting go of stress is very good for your mind and body.

I had a bad week this week or maybe it was just a long bad mood. Last night, I couldn't wait to get home. I just wanted to go home, throw the covers over my face, and wake up to a new day. I ended up watching a so-so movie with the boyfriend last night after eating a quick dinner and sitting by the fireplace. When it was over and the lights went out, the monstrous 16 lb. cat we're 'house-sitting' for crawled on top of me. He put his cold paw flat on my face and laid his chin on it and purred so loudly. My boyfriend cuddled up to me and kissed me on the cheek. We said 'I Love You, Nite' and smiled at each other. I felt so lucky. I hate how I let little things get to me so much.

Anyone else have a similar simple yet clarifying moment lately?

How do you handle the little things and stay stress-free?